Skip to main content

Featured

Papardelle with Sausage and Green Beans

Valentine's Day dinner with the family. Fresh, hand made papardelle with a very eggy royal pasta recipe: 400 g type 00 flour 75 g Semolina 12 egg yolks and A good splash of extra virgin olive oil. I had a good amount of my homemade Italian sausage on hand, so I took the meat from 5 sausages and broke it up I to little balls, and browned them off. After draining the fat, I threw in some garlic, a can of diced tomatoes (drained) and some fresh green beans. Tossed it all with the cooked pasta and that's it. Dinner!!!

Whole Wheat Maple Banana Bread


I had a problem. I had some quickly over-ripening bananas I had to use. Being right after the holiday gorge fest I needed to make something that at least resembled a healthy food. So I came up with this loaf that incorporates whole wheat flour, puffed quinoa and cacao, using only maple syrup (and the bananas) to sweeten it. The result was awesome!

2 C. Whole wheat flour
1 C. All purpose flour
2 tsp Baking soda
1 ½ tsp Kosher salt
1 ½ tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Fresh grated nutmeg
1 ½ C Maple Syrup
4 ripe bananas mashed
3 Eggs beaten
¾ C Butter melted
2 C Puffed quinoa
½ - ¾ C Cacao nibs

Combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg. In a separate bowl mash bananas, add beaten eggs and maple syrup. Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Add melted butter. Fold in puffed quinoa and cacao.
Bake at 350 degrees. Approx 25 min for small loaves, 40-50 min for large loaf.

Comments

Popular Posts