Skip to main content

Featured

Papardelle with Sausage and Green Beans

Valentine's Day dinner with the family. Fresh, hand made papardelle with a very eggy royal pasta recipe: 400 g type 00 flour 75 g Semolina 12 egg yolks and A good splash of extra virgin olive oil. I had a good amount of my homemade Italian sausage on hand, so I took the meat from 5 sausages and broke it up I to little balls, and browned them off. After draining the fat, I threw in some garlic, a can of diced tomatoes (drained) and some fresh green beans. Tossed it all with the cooked pasta and that's it. Dinner!!!

Carrot Cake Pancakes


The idea for these came to me while laying in bed this morning.

I had a bowl full of freshly grated carrots leftover from last night's dinner that I needed to do something with. 

My son is a very picky eater, but for some reason he will actually eat carrot muffins with all of their grown-up spices and flavours, so I thought it would be pretty easy to replicate the flavours in pancake form.

I used freshly grated ginger and nutmeg and freshly ground clove. Added to a very simple pancake batter and here we are. 

Delicious!

2 cups all purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 cups (approx) milk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 Cup grated carrots
2 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground clove
1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg

Comments

Popular Posts